Breakfast Stuffed Delicata Squash
Stuffed squash for breakfast?? It's definitely a "do" when the squash is filled with creamy yogurt, crunchy granola, seasonal fruits, and sweet maple syrup. This cozy meal works beautifully all fall long, is great for meal-prep, and really shines for holiday entertaining.
- Delicata squash
- Oil of choice for roasting
- 0.5 c yogurt of choice
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- Handful of granola
- Small orange
- Small handful of fresh cranberries
- Small handful of roasted salted pecans
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Maple syrup for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 and oil a baking sheet (I like to use coconut oil).
- Cut your squash in half length-wise and scoop out the seeds.
- Roast at 425 cut-side down until tender. Check it frequently! This could take as little as 20 minutes for a small squash, as long as 35 for a big one.
- If you plan to save some squash halves for later, keep them in a tightly-sealed container in the fridge. They'll reheat quickly in the microwave.
- When you're ready to serve, stuff the squash halves with a big dollop of yogurt.
- Drizzle with almond butter (hint: you can microwave it with a tiny bit of coconut oil if you need it to thin out a bit for optimal drizzling).
- Top your creation with a handful of granola, some sliced orange and cranberries, a few roasted pecans, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Drizzle with maple syrup. The stickier and messier, the better!
ALL TEXT AND PHOTOS COPYRIGHT © THE ROGUE BRUSSEL SPROUT 2021