California Harvest Flatbread
This luscious flatbread pizza features creamy avocado, succulent fresh figs, juicy pomegranate seeds, and crunchy pistachios. It's a combination made in flatbread heaven!
- One batch of my farinata chick pea flatbread (or other small, thin flatbread of your choice)
- Ripe pear
- 8-10 fresh figs
- Big handful of pomegranate arils
- Small handful of roasted/salted pistachios
- Drizzle of balsamic reduction or aged balsamic
- Generous sprinkle of flavorful, flaky sea salt like fleur de sel
- Generous grind of black pepper
- Prepare and cook your flatbread dough as needed based on what recipe you choose to use. If you use my chick pea farinata, check out the post here for all the details. Cook it completely, since you won't cook it any further after adding the toppings.
- Slice the pear very thinly and lay the slices on the flatbread.
- Slice the figs and avocado thinly and lay them on top.
- Scatter pomegranate arils and pistachios across the flatbread.
- Finish it all off with a drizzle of balsamic and generous salt and black pepper, then serve immediately.
ALL TEXT AND PHOTOS COPYRIGHT © THE ROGUE BRUSSEL SPROUT 2021