Caramelized Onion Guacamole
Guacamole gets a flavor makeover with the addition of sweet, succulent, caramelized onions. Use this healthy guacamole as a chip dip, stuff it into tacos, or dollop it onto salads; you'll love the cozy vibe of this guac!
- Splash of cooking oil of choice
- Medium-sized red onion
- 3 ripe avocados
- Juice of a half or whole lime
- Handful of fresh cilantro
- Generous flavorful, flaky sea salt
- Handful of roasted salted pepitas
- Accompaniments of choice
- In a large skillet, heat a splash of your preferred cooking oil to medium heat.
- Dice the onion and sauté it until deeply caramelized, stirring frequently and adjusting the heat as needed.
- Turn off the heat and cool the onions to room temperature.
- When ready to serve, combine the caramelized onions, avocados, lime juice, chopped cilantro, and sea salt. Mash gently with a fork, making sure to leave some large pieces of avocado. Taste and adjust as you see fit.
- Transfer the guacamole to a serving dish and garnish with roasted salted pepitas. Serve with your dipping implements of choice.
ALL TEXT AND PHOTOS COPYRIGHT © THE ROGUE BRUSSEL SPROUT 2021