Cauliflower and Farro Salad with Caramelized Lemon Turmeric Sauce
Full of chewy farro, perfectly-roasted cauliflower, crunchy almonds, and a zippy lemon sauce, this symphony of flavors and textures makes for a great side dish or main course.
- Batch of my Caramelized Lemon Turmeric Sauce
- Large head of cauliflower
- Splash of olive oil
- Generous salt and pepper
- 1 c farro
- Few handfuls of sunflower or other large sprouts
- Handful of roasted salted almonds
- Make my Caramelized Lemon Turmeric Sauce (hint: make a double-batch, I can guarantee you'll want it!). I suggest doing this ahead of time and keeping it on-hand in your fridge, and hence I haven't included it in the recipe prep time.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and toss them in a large mixing bowl with a splash of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast at 425 for 30-35 minutes or air-fry at 400 for 15 minutes until tender and lightly browned. The cook time will depend on the size of your florets, so keep an eye on them.
- When the cauliflower is done, return the florets to the mixing bowl and toss them with a small amount of the Caramelized Lemon Turmeric Sauce while still warm. Use some restraint, since the sauce is very lemony! You can thin it out with a splash of water or additional olive oil if needed.
- While the cauliflower roasts, bring a large saucepan of generously salted water to a boil. Add the farro, and boil for 10-15 minutes until tender. Drain the farro in a strainer. Then, like the cauliflower, return it to the pot and toss with a bit of the Caramelized Lemon Turmeric Sauce while it's still hot. Doing this right away will help the farro absorb all the flavors.
- To serve the salad warm, go to the next step. Or, to serve the salad cold, transfer everything to a sealed container and put it in the fridge. This can be done several hours to a day in advance.
- When you're ready to serve, mix the farro and cauliflower together and put it on a platter. Scatter a few handfuls of sunflower sprouts across the top. Finish it with a handful of roasted salted almonds and an additional drizzle of sauce.
ALL TEXT AND PHOTOS COPYRIGHT © THE ROGUE BRUSSEL SPROUT 2021