A sip of summer, this Coconut Paloma celebrates sweet coconut and bitter grapefruit. It's an out-of-the-box cocktail that unites tequila and rum and is perfect for sipping on the deck on a warm summer evening.
- 3 oz grapefruit juice
- 1.5 oz blanco tequila
- 1 oz coconut rum
- Grapefruit slices for garnish
- Optional mint leaves for garnish
- Optional honey and shredded coconut rim
- Optional: brush the rim of a glass with honey (or agave) and dip it into shredded coconut.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the grapefruit juice, tequila, and coconut rum with ice. Shake well.
- Add a few large ice cubes to the serving glass.
- Strain the cocktail into the prepared glass and garnish with grapefruit slices and/or fresh mint.
ALL TEXT AND PHOTOS COPYRIGHT © THE ROGUE BRUSSEL SPROUT 2021