Grilled Corn, Snap Pea, and Blueberry Salad
Bursting with summer flavors, this salad features sweet corn and juicy blueberries. Zippy pickled onions and a very unexpected maple mustard mint vinaigrette bring it all together.
For the Dressing
- Leaves from a few sprigs of mint
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp coarse-grained mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Generous salt
For the Salad
- 4 ears of corn
- 2 c sugar snap peas
- 0.5 c pickled red onions
- Big handful of blueberries
- Small handful of pistachios
- Additional fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Shuck the corn and then grill it over medium heat until lightly charred. Let it cool until you can handle it, then cut the kernels off the cob.
- Cut the mint leaves into very thin ribbons. Then, in a large mixing bowl, combine the dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Add the corn to the salad dressing. It's okay to do this while the corn is still warm; in fact, that actually helps it absorb more flavor.
- Cut the sugar snap peas into bite-sized pieces and add them to the salad.
- Drain the brine from the pickled red onions. Give them a coarse chop and add them to the salad.
- Only once you're ready to serve, gently mix in the blueberries. Transfer the salad to a serving dish and garnish with pistachios and a few additional mint leaves.
ALL TEXT AND PHOTOS COPYRIGHT © THE ROGUE BRUSSEL SPROUT 2021