Flourless Coffee Macadamia Blondies
Decadently fudgy, these blondies are actually made with all whole-food ingredients! They get their sweetness from dates and their moisture from nut butter. What's not to love??
- 2 c dates, pitted
- 1 c peanut butter
- 0.5 c milk of choice
- 2 tbsp flax seed meal
- 1 tbsp espresso powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 0.5 c chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 0.25 c chopped macadamia nuts, plus more for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 350 and thoroughly oil an 8x8 baking pan. Note that this is a sticky dough, so oiling is critical! Conversely, you can line the bottom of the baking dish with parchment paper, which is fail-proof.
- Measure all ingredients except the chocolate chips and MacNuts into a food processor. Process until you have a thick, sticky dough that's homogeneous throughout.
- Remove the blade from the food processor and add the chocolate and nuts. Mix everything together with a spoon or spatula until the add-ins are evenly incorporated.
- Spread the dough into the prepared baking dish with a spatula; it may need some persuasion. Try to create a layer of even thickness that goes all the way into the corners.
- Sprinkle the top of the dough with an additional generous handful of chocolate chips and MacNuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. Keep a close eye on it toward the end, since the edges will brown quickly due to the sugar content of the dates.
- Cool completely if you want to be able to cut the blondies neatly.
- Store the blondies in a sealed container in the fridge; they'll hold their shape better. You can either enjoy them cold, or reheat them for a few seconds in the microwave. They also freeze nicely, as long as you keep them tightly sealed.
ALL TEXT AND PHOTOS COPYRIGHT © THE ROGUE BRUSSEL SPROUT 2021