Grilled Corn Guacamole
Guacamole gets a very summery, BBQ-appropriate twist with the addition of my most favorite summer veggie! This Grilled Corn Guacamole is a go-to dip in our house that we love making for parties or date night.
- Small red onion
- 2 ears of fresh, local corn
- Oil of choice for grilling
- 4 ripe avocados
- Juice of a lime
- Pinch of cumin
- Generous flaky sea salt
- Small handful of fresh cilantro
- Optional sprinkle of chili salt
- Remove the skin from the onion and cut it into rounds. Remove the husks from the corn.
- Grill the onion and corn on a well-oiled grill, flipping half-way through, until tender and lightly charred on both sides. Set aside until cool, then dice the onion and cut the corn off the cob.
- Chop the cilantro finely.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the avocados, lime juice, cumin, and sea salt. To the avocado, add the diced onion, corn kernels, and cilantro, then mix gently.
- Transfer the guacamole to a serving dish. If desired, finish it off with a sprinkle of chili salt.
ALL TEXT AND PHOTOS COPYRIGHT © THE ROGUE BRUSSEL SPROUT 2021