Grilled Peach and Farro Salad
Summer on a plate! This salad unites sweet juicy peaches, bitter radicchio, chewy farro, crisp cucumbers, crunchy almonds, and fragrant basil for a versatile side dish or main course.
For the Dressing
For the Salad
- 1 c farro
- 2 peaches
- Olive oil for grilling
- Small head of radicchio
- Few cups of baby kale
- Few baby cucumbers, or one large English cucumber
- Small handful of roasted, salted almonds
- Small handful of fresh basil
- Generous sprinkle of Saratoga Olive Oil Hawaiian Red Sea Salt
- To make the dressing, combine all of the ingredients together and stir well. Give it a taste and adjust as you see fit. You can add additional balsamic for more sweetness, additional mustard for more zing, or additional olive oil for more lusciousness.
- Cook the farro. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil, add the farro, and cook about 15 minutes until tender. Drain in a fine-mesh colander.
- While the farro is still hot, put it in a large mixing bowl with half of the salad dressing and stir. This will help the farro absorb the flavors of the dressing. Set the other half of the dressing aside for drizzling on top of the salad and allow the farro to cool.
- While the farro is cooling, cut the peaches into wedges and grill them on a very well-oiled grill at high temperature for a minute or two per side, or just until lightly charred. You can do this either outdoors or on an indoor grill pan. Set the peaches aside to cool.
- Cut the radicchio into ribbons and cut the cucumbers into slices or wedges.
- Once the farro has cooled to room temperature, add the radicchio and baby kale and toss gently. Don't try to do this while the farro is still warm or your greens will wilt.
- Transfer the farro, radicchio, and baby kale to a serving platter. Add cucumber and peach slices on top. Garnish with almonds and fresh basil cut into ribbons.
- Finish it all off with a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Serve with additional dressing on the side for drizzling.
ALL TEXT AND PHOTOS COPYRIGHT © THE ROGUE BRUSSEL SPROUT 2021