Healthy Vegan Banana Bread (High Protein and Gluten-Free)
This luscious loaf is vegan, entirely fruit-sweetened, oil-free, grain-free, and surprisingly high in protein thanks to chickpea flour and tahini. It's the healthy banana bread recipe I've always dreamed of.
- Oil of choice and/or parchment for preparing the pan
- 2 c very ripe, mashed bananas (about 3 very large or 4 small)
- 0.5 c tahini
- 1 c date sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 c chickpea flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 0.25 c chopped dates
- 0.5 c chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 and prepare a loaf pan. For easiest removal, line the pan with a parchment paper sling and spray it lightly with coconut oil.
- Mash and measure the bananas.
- Combine the mashed bananas, tahini, date sugar, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine and mix the chickpea flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until combined.
- Stir in the chopped dates and walnuts.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared bread pan. Bake at 350 for 60-70 minutes until the crust is deep golden and a toothpick comes out just barely clean. Cool completely before removing from the pan and slicing.
ALL TEXT AND PHOTOS COPYRIGHT © THE ROGUE BRUSSEL SPROUT 2021