Easy Homemade Mustard (with Infinite Variations)
This guide contains everything you need to know about homemade mustard including ingredients, steps, and variations. I promise you'll never go back to store-bought after you start making your own!
- 0.5 c yellow mustard seeds
- 0.5 c brown mustard seeds
- 1.5-2 c natural apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Add the mustard seeds to a large measuring cup or other glass vessel.
- Add cider vinegar just until the seeds are fully submerged, then stir in the maple syrup and salt.
- Cover the mustard and let it sit on the countertop for 2-3 days. Check it every day and continue adding extra cider vinegar so that the seeds stay submerged.
- After the first aging period, use an immersion blender to blend the mustard to your desired texture.
- Transfer the blended mustard to sealed glass jars and put them in the fridge.
- Allow the mustard to age in the fridge for at least 2-3 weeks before enjoying.
ALL TEXT AND PHOTOS COPYRIGHT © THE ROGUE BRUSSEL SPROUT 2021