Lemon Blueberry Thyme Pasta Salad
Just a few very simple, summery flavors come together to make an unforgettable pasta salad. It's ready in a flash and you can serve it either warm or cold!
- 12-oz box of short-cut red lentil (or equivalent) pasta
- 2-3 tbsp high-quality, flavorful olive oil
- Zest and juice of two lemons
- Leaves from 8-10 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Very generous flaky sea salt (e.g. fleur de sel) and freshly-ground black pepper
- Few big handfuls of blueberries
- Handful of roasted salted pistachios
- Cook your pasta according to the box directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, combine the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, fresh thyme, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- When the pasta is done cooking, drain it, then transfer it immediately to the mixing bowl while still hot. The residual heat from the pasta will help release the flavorful oils from the lemon zest and thyme.
- Gently toss in the blueberries and serve immediately, for a hot dish.
- OR, cover the pasta and put it in the fridge for a cold dish. In that case, toss in the blueberries just before serving.
- When you're ready to serve, transfer the pasta to a serving platter. Garnish it with a few additional blueberries and another generous grind of salt and pepper, plus a generous sprinkling of pistachios.
ALL TEXT AND PHOTOS COPYRIGHT © THE ROGUE BRUSSEL SPROUT 2021