Bursting with a delightful balance of sweet, salty, and tangy flavors, this cauliflower appetizer is a nourishing remake of salt and vinegar chips. It's a favorite in our house for happy hour snacking!
- Preheat the oven to 425 and lightly oil a large sheet tray.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets. For the bigger florets, cut them in halves or thirds for even cooking.
- Put the florets into a large mixing bowl and toss them with a generous splash of your preferred cooking oil.
- Lay the cauliflower florets on the sheet tray in a single layer; if needed, use two sheet trays to give them space to brown.
- Roast for about 30-45 minutes until tender and browned.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, combine the vinegar, maple syrup, and fleur de sel in a large mixing bowl.
- Also while the cauliflower is roasting, mix together the ingredients for the dipping sauce.
- When the cauliflower is finished cooking, dump the florets into the vinegar marinade and give everything a good toss. Let it sit for a few minutes, tossing every minute or so, to allow the cauliflower to absorb the flavorful marinade.
- Serve your cauliflower alongside the dipping sauce while it's still hot. Garnish the cauliflower with a big handful of pistachios.
AIR FRYER METHOD: The air fryer makes cauliflower magic! If you have one, do steps 2 and 3, then dump it all into your air fryer basket. Fry for ~15-20 minutes at 400, tossing it every five minutes or so. Then resume the above recipe at step 6.