Maple Sea Salt Hummus
Loaded with sweet and salty flavors, this creamy hummus is a festive holiday delight. It unites maple syrup with sea salt and juicy pomegranate seeds for a stunning yet unexpected winter-appropriate appetizer.
For the Hummus
- Two 15-oz cans of chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 0.25 c creamy tahini
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Leaves from a few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt, like fleur de sel
- Generous grind of black pepper
- Drizzle of olive oil or water as needed
For the Garnishes
- Additional drizzle of maple syrup
- Small handful of pomegranate arils
- Additional fresh thyme leaves
- Sprinkle of flaky sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a food processor, combine all the hummus ingredients (chick peas, tahini, maple syrup, thyme leaves, salt, and pepper). Process for several minutes until a smooth, creamy consistency develops, scraping down the sides as needed. If you have trouble getting a smooth hummus, add a little splash of olive oil or water (the former with yield a richer hummus). Repeat as needed.
- Transfer your hummus to a serving bowl and make a swirl in the top.
- Garnish with a drizzle of maple syrup, pomegranate arils, additional thyme leaves, more sea salt, and a grind of black pepper.
ALL TEXT AND PHOTOS COPYRIGHT © THE ROGUE BRUSSEL SPROUT 2021