This cauliflower finger food is perfectly roasted, then kissed with citrus (and a splash of tequila, if you like!). Serve it up with some margaritas for the most delightful Mexican-inspired happy hour around.
For the Cauliflower
- Large head of cauliflower
- Oil of choice for roasting
- 2 oz tequila
- Zest of a lime
- Generous salt and pepper
- Juice of a lime
- Citrus slices
- Fresh cilantro and/or mint
- Handful of roasted salted pepitas
- Optional drizzle of hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 450 and oil a large sheet tray.
- Cut your cauliflower into florets. For the bigger florets, cut them in halves or thirds for even cooking.
- Lay the cauliflower florets on the sheet tray in a single layer; they won't brown if they're overlapping.
- Roast at 450 for about 30-35 minutes until tender and browned.
- Remove the sheet tray from the oven and drizzle the cauliflower with tequila. Add lime zest and generous salt and pepper.
- Return it to the oven for another 5 minutes to cook off the tequila.
- Remove the sheet tray from the oven and drizzle the cauliflower with lime juice.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a serving platter. Arrange citrus slices throughout the cauliflower for squeezing over individual portions. Garnish with fresh finely-chopped herbs, avocado slices, pepitas, and an optional drizzle of hot sauce.
ALL TEXT AND PHOTOS COPYRIGHT © THE ROGUE BRUSSEL SPROUT 2021