The perfect appetizer for fall, this pumpkin hummus is a refreshing mix of savory and sweet. Serve it with veggies, pita chips, or bread for all your fall occasions.
For the Hummus
- Two 15-oz cans of chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 c pumpkin puree
- 0.5 c creamy tahini
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt, like fleur de sel
- Optional few pinches of cayenne
- Drizzle of olive oil or water as needed
- Additional few spoonfuls of pumpkin puree
- Roasted salted pepitas
- Fresh thyme leaves
- Sprinkle of sumac
- In a food processor, combine all the hummus ingredients (chick peas, pumpkin puree, tahini, salt, and (optional) cayenne). Process for several minutes until a smooth, creamy consistency develops, scraping down the sides as needed. If you have trouble getting a smooth hummus, add a little splash of olive oil or water (the former with yield a richer hummus). Repeat as needed.
- Transfer your hummus to a serving bowl and add a few dollops of pumpkin puree onto the top.
- Make a swirl in the top, allowing the hummus and extra pumpkin to mix partially but not completely.
- Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, pepitas, fresh thyme leaves, and a sprinkle of sumac.
ALL TEXT AND PHOTOS COPYRIGHT © THE ROGUE BRUSSEL SPROUT 2021