Pumpkin Pie Granola
Bursting with sweet pumpkin, fragrant vanilla, and iconic cozy fall spices, this granola is even better than pumpkin pie. It has all the nostalgic pie flavor, plus the most addicting crunch!
- 0.5 c maple syrup
- 0.5 c coconut oil
- 0.5 c pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 c old fashioned oats
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 0.5 tsp nutmeg
- 0.25 tsp allspice
- 0.25 tsp cardamom
- 0.25 c roasted salted pecans
- 0.25 c roasted salted pepitas
- 0.25 c juice-sweetened dried cranberries
- 0.25 c finely diced crystallized ginger
- Melt the maple syrup, coconut oil, and pumpkin puree over low heat, then remove from the stove and cool until luke warm. This also works fine in the microwave.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, salt, and spices. Pour the wet mixture over the top and mix well.
- Spread the mixture across a very large sheet tray or two smaller sheet trays; the more contact the oats have with the sheet tray, the more effectively they’ll brown.
- Bake at 350 for about ~35-40 minutes until the oats are evenly and lightly browned. Stir after 10 and 20 minutes to make sure all of the mixture gets contact with the sheet tray. Don’t stir toward the end of the baking time or after you take the granola out; leaving it undisturbed will help it to form some larger clumps.
- Cool completely by setting the sheet tray on a wire rack.
- Stir in the pecans, pepitas, cranberries, and crystallized ginger only after the granola has cooled.
- Store your granola in a sealed container to keep it crunchy!
ALL TEXT AND PHOTOS COPYRIGHT © THE ROGUE BRUSSEL SPROUT 2021