Rainbow Mexican Black Bean Salad
A go-to for parties on our deck, this Mexican-inspired black bean salad is fresh, colorful, and infinitely customizable. Best of all, there's no cooking involved!
For the Dressing
- Juice of a lime
- 1 tbsp agave (or honey)
- 2'' ginger root, peeled and finely grated
- Generous salt and pepper
- Dash of cayenne pepper or hot sauce, optional
For the Salad
- Small wedge of purple cabbage
- 2 15-oz cans of black beans
- 2 c frozen corn
- Red bell pepper
- Orange bell pepper
- Half a mango
- Big handful of cilantro
- Handful of pepitas
- Avocado, optional
- To make the dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir together. Give it a taste and adjust as you see fit.
- Dice the cabbage and toss it in the dressing. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes, or up to several hours to tenderize.
- Drain and rinse the beans and thaw the corn.
- Dice the bell peppers and mango so that all of the ingredients are roughly the same size.
- Chop the cilantro finely.
- To the dressing and cabbage, add the black beans, bell peppers, corn, mango, and cilantro. Toss it all together.
- Just before serving, transfer the salad to a platter and garnish with avocado and pepitas.
ALL TEXT AND PHOTOS COPYRIGHT © THE ROGUE BRUSSEL SPROUT 2021