Raw Vegan Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Carrot cake gets a nourishing makeover with these nutrient-packed, protein-rich, adorable Raw Vegan Carrot Cake Cupcakes. Because carrot cake should be for everyday, not just special occasions, right??
- 2 c pitted dates
- 1.5 c finely-grated carrot
- 1 c walnuts
- 1 c unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- Generous pinch of nutmeg
- Generous pinch of cardamon
- 0.25 tsp vanilla
- 0.25 c coconut butter
- Cut each date open to ensure that the pit has been removed.
- To a food processor, add all of the ingredients except for the coconut butter.
- Process just until the carrot cake mixture is homogeneous throughout and sticks together when rolled into a ball.
- Press the carrot cake mixture into the 12 holes of a flexible, silicone miniature muffin pan. Conversely, if using a metal pan, use mini muffin liners. Press the mixture firmly so that it sticks together well and has an even, flat top, leaving about an eighth of an inch of space at the top of each hole.
- If needed, warm up the coconut butter slightly so that it is liquid enough to be drizzled. Spoon about a teaspoon of coconut butter onto the top of each cupcake, adding enough so that the top is completely covered.
- Place the mini muffin pan in the freezer for at least several hours or ideally overnight. To remove the cupcakes, gently press upward from the bottom, turning each silicone mold inside-out.
- Store the carrot cake cupcakes in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week, or in the freezer for several weeks.
ALL TEXT AND PHOTOS COPYRIGHT © THE ROGUE BRUSSEL SPROUT 2021