Spicy Ginger Sweet Potato Dip
Don't worry, I have your fall appetizer needs covered! This sweet potato dip is creamy, zesty, and delightfully unique. It's perfect alongside veggies or crackers for all your seasonal and holiday occasions.
For the Sweet Potato Dip
- Two medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 0.25 c unsweetened, unflavored, full-fat yogurt
- Juice of half a lime
- 2-3 inches of fresh ginger root
- 1 tsp cumin
- 0.5 tsp paprika
- 0.5 tsp sea salt
- Pinch or more of cayenne, to taste
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Handful of chopped roasted salted pecans
- Handful of roasted salted pepitas
- Sprinkle of paprika
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into cubes, then boil them until very tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Drain the sweet potatoes and let them cool to room temperature (or conversely, put them in the fridge overnight). Make sure to let all the excess water drain off, otherwise your dip will be too thin.
- Peel the ginger root and grate it finely.
- To a food processor, add the cooked sweet potatoes, yogurt, lime juice, ginger, and spices. Process until you have a smooth, rich texture.
- Give it a taste and adjust as you see fit. You can add another pinch of cayenne if you want more heat, some additional cumin if you want more depth, additional yogurt if you want more richness, or additional lime juice if you want more zip.
- Transfer the sweet potato dip into a serving dish. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, pecans, pepitas, and a sprinkle of paprika.
RECIPE from The Rogue Brussel Sprout Blog