Spicy Ginger Sweet Potato Dip
Don't worry, I have your fall dip needs covered! This sweet potato based dip is creamy, zesty, and delightfully unique. It's perfect alongside veggies or crackers for all your fall and holiday occasions!
For the Sweet Potato Dip
- Two medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 0.25 c unsweetened, unflavored, full-fat yogurt of choice
- Juice of half a lemon
- Couple inches of fresh ginger root
- 1 tsp cumin
- 0.5 tsp paprika
- 0.5 tsp sea salt
- Pinch or more of cayenne, to taste
- Drizzle of maple syrup
- Handful of chopped roasted salted pecans
- Sprinkle of sumac (or paprika)
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into cubes, then boil them until very tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Drain the sweet potatoes and let them cool to room temperature (or keep them in the fridge to use later- you can do this a day or two ahead of time). Make sure to let all the excess water drain off, otherwise your dip will be too thin.
- Peel the ginger root and grate it finely.
- To a food processor, add the cooked sweet potatoes, yogurt, ginger, and spices. Process until you have a smooth, rich texture; it will take a few minutes in a high-power food processor.
- Give it a taste and adjust as you see fit. I like this dip to be a bit sweet and a bit spicy. You can add another pinch of cayenne if you want more heat, some additional cumin if you want more depth, or some additional yogurt if you want more richness.
- Put the sweet potato dip into a serving dish. Garnish with a drizzle of maple syrup, pecans, and a sprinkle of sumac. Serve with all sorts of fun fall items for dipping!
ALL TEXT AND PHOTOS COPYRIGHT © THE ROGUE BRUSSEL SPROUT 2021