Strawberry Thyme Granola Parfait
These delightfully summery (and easy!) parfaits combine sweet strawberries, fragrant thyme, and crunchy granola for an unforgettable breakfast treat. They're easily customizable too!
- 4-6 strawberries
- Dash of maple syrup
- Few sprigs of fresh thyme
- Few grinds of sea salt
- 0.5 c unsweetened yogurt of choice
- Dash of vanilla extract
- 0.25 c True North's Granola Blues
- Cut your strawberries into bite-sized cubes. Toss them with a dash of maple syrup, the leaves of a few sprigs of thyme, and a grind or two of sea salt. Let it sit for a couple minutes to marinate the strawberries.
- To your yogurt of choice, add a tiny dash of vanilla extract and an optional dash of maple syrup. Mix it, give it a taste, and adjust as you see fit. Remember that the strawberries and granola both have some sweetness, so the yogurt won't need much.
- When you're ready to assemble, layer your parfait ingredients into a serving glass. As shown here, I did yogurt on the bottom, then strawberries, then granola, more yogurt, and strawberries on top. But it will really depend on the size and shape of your glass, as well as how much of each ingredient you want.
- Serve immediately! If you want to garnish it, some fresh thyme sprigs or edible flowers give it a summery feel and a lovely smell.
ALL TEXT AND PHOTOS COPYRIGHT © THE ROGUE BRUSSEL SPROUT 2021