Thanksgiving Eve Dark & Stormy
Bursting with cozy fall vibes and iconic autumnal flavors, this Dark & Stormy riff is the perfect cocktail for Thanksgiving. It unites two types of rum, warming spices, zippy ginger beer, sweet pomegranate, and fragrant thyme for a celebration-worthy sip.
- Few large ice cubes
- Small handful of pomegranate arils
- Couple sprigs of fresh thyme
- 3-4 oz ginger beer
- 1.5 oz amber-colored spiced rum
- 0.25 oz pomegranate juice
- 1 oz dark rum
- Add a few big ice cubes to a tall, narrow serving glass. This needs to be done first so as not to disturb your layers!
- Add a small handful of pomegranate arils and a sprig or two of thyme.
- Pour ginger beer into the bottom of the glass, occupying about half of the space, although it will depend on the size and style of your glass.
- In a separate vessel, combine the amber spiced rum with a dash of pomegranate juice and mix well.
- Very gently, float the pomegranate-rum mixture over the ginger beer.
- Finally, and again very gently, float the dark rum over the top of the pomegranate layer.
- Savor your creation, and watch in delight as the pomegranate arils dance around and the various layers evolve over time!
ALL TEXT AND PHOTOS COPYRIGHT © THE ROGUE BRUSSEL SPROUT 2021