Thanksgiving Leftover Tacos
Want to know a secret? The best way to enjoy your Thanksgiving (or any special holiday meal) leftovers is in a taco! Prepare to have your mind blown (and minimize food waste too).
- Corn tortillas
- Sweet potato mash or sweet potato casserole
- Other holiday leftovers of choice (shown here: roasted delicata squash, seared green beans, and wild rice stuffing)
- Cranberry sauce
- Roasted salted pepitas
- Drizzle of hot sauce, optional
- Heat the corn tortillas directly over a gas burner or in a microwave wrapped in a barely-damp towel.
- Spread each tortilla with a generous smear of sweet potato mash or sweet potato casserole; this will help your other ingredients stay in place and will give your taco some moisture. (Hint: if you’re working with a sweet rather than savory potato dish, mix a pinch of cayenne into the potatoes to offset the sweetness).
- Load the taco up with all your favorite Thanksgiving leftovers.
- Top each taco with a spoonful of cranberry sauce, then garnish with a sprinkle of roasted salted pepitas. Serve with hot sauce if desired.
ALL TEXT AND PHOTOS COPYRIGHT © THE ROGUE BRUSSEL SPROUT 2021