Tropical Sweet Potatoes with Macadamia Dukkah
Not your classic sweet potatoes! These sweets have gotten a major upgrade with tropical flavors, a creamy and herby yogurt sauce, and a very unique macadamia nut crumble topping.
For the Potatoes
- Two orange sweet potatoes
- Two purple sweet potatoes
- Oil of choice for cooking
- Generous salt and pepper
For the Dukkah
- 0.5 c roasted, salted macadamia nuts
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 0.5 tsp cumin
- 0.25 tsp sea salt
- Zest of a lime
For the Sauce
- Juice of a lime
- 0.25 c unflavored, unsweetened yogurt of choice
- 0.25 c fresh cilantro
- 0.25 c fresh mint
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into rounds about a quarter of an inch thick. Try to get them all the same thickness for even cooking.
- Roast the potato rounds on a well-oiled baking sheet with generous salt and pepper. They will take about 20-30 minutes, but it will depend on the size of your potatoes. Roast them until they are tender throughout, but not mushy.
- To prepare the dukkah, combine all of the ingredients in a small food processor and pulse until you have a coarse, sandy texture. (Hint: no need to wash the food processor in between this step and the next).
- To prepare the sauce, combine all of the ingredients in a small food processor and blend until you have a rich, creamy, homogeneous sauce.
- When you're ready to serve, lay the sweet potato rounds on a serving platter. Sprinkle generously with dukkah, then drizzle with sauce. Serve extra dukkah and sauce on the side.
ALL TEXT AND PHOTOS COPYRIGHT © THE ROGUE BRUSSEL SPROUT 2021