Watermelon, Snap Pea, and Mint Salad
This light and hydrating salad is bursting with sweet juicy watermelon, crisp sugar snap peas, and fragrant mint. It's a great side dish to all your summer meals!
For the Dressing
- 3 tbsp peach-infused white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp coarse-grained dijon mustard
- 1 tsp poppy seeds, optional
- Generous salt and black pepper
For the Salad
- 4 c diced watermelon
- 2 c sugar snap peas
- 1 c diced cucumber slices, optional
- 0.5 c cubed feta, optional
- ~20-30 mint leaves
- Handful of pistachios, optional
- Mix up the dressing ingredients in a large mixing bowl (to which you'll later add all the salad ingredients, so make sure it's big enough).
- Prep your watermelon by cutting it into cubes and your sugar snaps by removing the stems and cutting each pod into a couple bite-sized pieces. If you want to add cucumber, peel it if desired and cut into slices.
- Toss the watermelon, peas, and cucumber into the dressing, and let it all sit for a few minutes so the flavors can marry.
- Before serving, cut the mint leaves into very thin ribbons and cube or crumble the feta (if using). Then add both to the salad and remix. I like to add these right at the end so that they stay fresh and maintain their shape.
- Plate the salad however works for you- maybe just in a container for a picnic, or on a bed of greens, or in a watermelon half.
- If you want to add some crunch, garnish with pistachios at the end, so they keep their crunch.
ALL TEXT AND PHOTOS COPYRIGHT © THE ROGUE BRUSSEL SPROUT 2021